Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Weather Woes

The weather forecast for this week was calling for a winter storm. They were predicting ice, sleet and snow starting Monday evening and lasting through Tuesday night. At work Monday I was secretly wishing that we would get some bad weather so the office would close. It might not have been too secret? Management made the call to close the office early so that we could get home safely before the really bad weather hit us. That gave me a pretty good indication that we would not be open on Tuesday.

My wish came true. The office was closed on Tuesday due to the weather. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for me to work on a couple of sewing projects. I am making a hobo bag. It is a Sewing for Dummies pattern. Because I am a beginner I thought it would be perfect. I had started on it before Tuesday and had gotten extremely confused. I brought the instructions and what I had done in to work on Monday so my good pal Carrie could help me out. After reading the instructions she reassured me that I was not a dummie and the instructions were not well written. So we made it up. I did as much as I could do on my hobo on Tuesday. I will have to go back to Carrie for more instruction. I am not too good without instructions. Once I has quit working on my hobo I decided to start my yoga mat bag. Allison, Jessica and I have started doing yoga as many times a week as we can. Allison nor I had a bag to carry our mat in so we had shopped for fabric and she found a pattern online. I love completing a project. For my first one I think I did pretty good. There are a few things that bug me but I am letting those go and will make my next one better.

Management had said that we would open at 10 am this morning but I was doubtful. At 9 am my boss called and said that we had one more snow day and would open Thursday at noon. At first I was ok with that. Then I realized I had no more sewing projects to work on. I guess I shouldn't have gotten so much done yesterday.

I didn't have any projects to work on and I hadn't been to yoga since Saturday I decided to shovel snow. I know that doesn't sound as exciting as sewing or yoga but it had to be done. Maddie was having some trouble getting outside to go to the bathroom. She is short so the snow was up to the bottom of her belly. I shoveled the patio and a path in the yard so she would have an easier time. I also shoveled the driveway and put ice melt on the patio and driveway.

Hopefully I will be able to go to work tomorrow. I am starting to get cabin fever!

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny because today I got bored too and guess what I did? Shoveled the snow! (For fun!) It felt really good to get out in the fresh air!

    ReplyDelete