Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MLK Craft Day-Squirrley Girl Craft Co.

Monday Jan. 19th was a holiday for us at work so some of the crafty girls decided to get together at Carrie's house to work on a project. Most of the girls knitted but Carrie and I were sewing and of course we ate. Food is involved in anything we do!! I started to work on a bag that I want to make but I realized I didn't buy the right interfacing so couldn't do much with it. Good thing I brought another project. I then started making our spoiled dog Maddie a dog pillow. I got a lot accomplished on it before it was time for me to head home. This was also the first time I had gotten to use my new sewing machine that my dad bought me for my birthday.....it worked wonderfully. I was in such a sewing mood that when I got home I rearranged one of my bedrooms so I could set a card table up in there to sew. I finished sewing Maddie's pillow and while I was stuffing it she was resting her head on it as if she just knew it was hers. There is a common theme in most of my projects and that is I never seem to buy enough or all of the items needed to finish the project. I didn't buy enough filler so I left it to finish this weekend. When I came home the next night from work I had gone in there for something and noticed that the pillow had a hollowed spot in it. I realized that Maddie had been using her unfinished pillow while I was at work. It made me think she might actually use it??



You might be wondering about the Squirrley Girl Craft Co. in the Title of this post. Those crafty girls and I are going to start making items to sell with the profits helping the American Cancer Society. So look for more information on that soon. Allison has a business plan and already created an etsy account for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment