Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Holidays are over......

Christmas and New Year's were celebrated with all of our family and friends.

Christmas is always a hard time for me. My sister died in a car accident on December 15, 2000. There is not a day goes by that I don't think of her but it is especially difficult through the whole month of December. I do my best to keep busy to keep a positive attitude for everyone else's sake.

Chago was able to come home for a full two weeks over the holidays. That always means that I will be busy. Chago's kids were all at the house for Christmas. Chago's parents and sister came for Christmas day dinner, which Chago and I cooked. We had a fabulous day. The food and the company was great.

My mom also was able to come back to Missouri for Christmas. If any of you don't know she lives full time in an RV and it is and was parked in Texas, where it is warm. She stayed at the house for a few days and headed to Roby. We shopped, she taught Amillya how to knit and she wrapped Christmas presents which I was not motivated enough to do. I am very thankful that she and Nolan were able to come back for Christmas.

That Saturday we traveled to Roby, MO to have lunch with my Mom's side of the family. We ate, didn't drink and played the Wii. We then traveled to Houston, MO to spend time with my dad's side of the family. We ate, drank and played the Wii until we couldn't take it anymore. It was a long day but we had a really good time at both places.

For New Year's we had a party at the house. Everyone was invited but the usuals came. We always have a great time when we get together and this was no exception. We drank, ate, laughed and played games until 4 am.

We had an outstanding time over the holidays with all of our friends and family.Chago had to return to Baltimore that weekend. It is always hard when he has to leave, for the both of us.

The Holidays are over and we are back to normal, whatever that is!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's a lot of Wii! :) I am glad that the holidays went well! What is the wedding countdown now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Joel
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete